Monday, January 16, 2012

Sunday randomness

Fakin' bacon in the house!

Just thought I'd post a pic of my whole wheat pasta dinner with homemade marinara sauce with TVP, topped with nutritional yeast and - yup - fakin' bacon smokey tempeh crumbles. I LOVE those.


The crumbles add such a nice crunch. I've become a big fan of those!! By the way, I can't put too much nutritional yeast on this stuff.  Love me some 'fish flake food'.

I also found the coconut milk yogurt, so I got one container to try on smoothies. Wow.


I think I may have finally found my first vegan product which I actually prefer to the regular version!

I vary the milk I use when I make these. I use soy, almond, oat, rice, hemp, or coconut milk, and always vanilla-flavored. I use either honey-flavored or plain blue agave nectar for sweetening. These are super delicious. I have one (sometimes the small cup) every morning and every evening after dinner, as dessert.

While shopping at Whole Foods Saturday night, I decided to browse the parmesan cheeses. While looking at ingredients, much to my surprise I discovered that one particular brand includes one of the most important ingredients to life:

Sorry for the fuzziness - trying to get close, plus it's a cell phone pic.
Definitely vegan.


No comments:

Post a Comment