Thursday, January 12, 2012

"Cheat" balls anyone?

OK, so I'm perusing YouTube for ideas and inspiration. So many ideas, so little time!!

I came across this video for seitan "cheatballs". So interesting how she put tomato paste in with the vital wheat gluten during the making of the dough. These look like they would taste really good on their own.


What about sautee'ing these in olive oil instead of baking? I've always liked me a browned meat ball. Hmmmm.... but they certainly look like they'd be flavorful.

Then there's these, where she uses wheat germ instead of vital wheat gluten and ground-up walnuts, among other things. Creative! Then she fries them to brown them (now we're talking!) then bakes them in tomato sauce. Makes me want to try this one, too!



Check out all the stuff that she puts in for this recipe!


I can't decide! I want to try all of them! :-)

1 comment:

  1. Do it! You'll have cheatballs for the rest of your life!

    ReplyDelete