Saturday, January 14, 2012

Favorite products so far

This will by no means be as refined and decadent as Oprah's list of "Favorite Things", but it's my little list of favorite products so far. And there's still so much more to try!

1)  Coconut milk and products made with it:




So far I've only tried vanilla-flavored coconut milk and the French Vanilla coconut milk creamer. I think they're both very, very good!  I'm planning to try their yogurt and maybe their ice cream (and I say maybe only because I'm not a big ice cream eater).  I'm trusting that anything from the So Delicious line of products is bound to be very good.

2) Kashi GoLean Crisp! Toasted Berry Crumble:


I really like all things Kashi, but this one - technically vegan - is fantastic! It has the perfect amount of sweetening, wonderful crunch and awesome flavors. The dried berries like to stick to your teeth, but it's a small price to pay for how delicious this cereal is. I like it best with vanilla-flavored hemp milk.

3)  Daiya cheesy shreds:


I've bought both but so far have only tried the cheddar one. It's amazing how well they got the flavor. The stuff also melts very nicely and has the feel of cheese, though I find it takes a while longer than regular cheese to melt. Nevertheless, it's a fantastic alternative.

4) Lightlife's Organic Smoky Tempeh strips:


I tried making a dish with tempeh recently but didn't blog about it because it didn't come out right. I didn't work with the tempeh correctly. Then I was introduced to this variety of tempeh at work. I joined a vegan/vegetarian group that meets once a month to cook, share ideas and recipes, then enjoy what was cooked for lunch for a small fee to defer food costs. Run by a registered dietician, her choice this month was to make a pasta dish with tempeh crumbles on the side to add on top if you wished. Wow - this stuff is great! The coolest thing is how much this stuff really does smell like bacon as it cooks. It's very aptly nicknamed "Fakin' Bacon"! It's even cut into thin, long strips resembling bacon hahaha. Just brown in a little oil until it gets nice and crispy. Crumbled over the pasta we also had, this was so delicious.  Just watch any additional sodium you add to whatever else you're cooking, as this stuff is cured with soy sauce.  This stuff is awesome.

Let's see what else I add to that list.... :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment