Sunday, February 5, 2012

Latest new products installment

Another trip to Whole Foods, another set of new goodies to try.


Apparently somebody couldn't wait to try the chocolate flavored So Delicious cultured coconut milk. :-) They had this in vanilla and strawberry as well, so had to bring one of each home to try. It's labeled "greek style" and has the consistency of regular yogurt. Pretty good! Also got a container of their drinkable cultured coconut milk in strawberry to try - sounds perfect for my smoothies!!

I've also read a lot of good things about Bragg's Liquid Aminos, so finally remembered to get a bottle. The label says it's like a seasoned soy sauce, except that this isn't made from fermented or heated soy beans. Can't wait to try it on my next stir fry, and possibly in my next batch of seitan.

Another item I had my eyes on was Almond "cheese" shreds in mozzarella and cheddar flavors. I already tried the cheddar tonight on some burritos and I have to say, I think I still like Daiya a little better. These aren't bad, though. I may try the mozzarella tomorrow either on a homemade pizza or on a Boca burger and see how that one compares to the mozz-flavored Daiya (when are they gonna make sliced versions?).

My love affair with all these wonderful milks has grown larger with the addition of vanilla-flavored 7-grain milk. Really, I mean, how many of these nut and grain milks are there? I'm crazy about all of them!

So much fun trying all these new, different things!!


No comments:

Post a Comment